"If you are interested in information about how to renounce or relinquish your U.S. citizenship in Canada, please send an email to CanadaCLNInquiries@state.gov. You will receive a complete set of instructions and forms by email. General information is available at the State Department website."
This link which tells you what happens:
· Complete the following forms according to the instructions. You will need to gather specific information in support of your application. Please fill out forms completely online as a fillable FAR document. Please note that the FAR file format is a unique type of format that you may not be able to re-open or edit once they are saved on your computer, however it is necessary for us to receive it in this format.
· Questionnaire (attached as a word document)
· Form DS-4079: https://eforms.state.gov/editdocument.aspx?documentid=240&from=2&categoryid=1&form_format=3&Width=1270
· Form DS4080: https://eforms.state.gov/editdocument.aspx?documentid=261&from=2&categoryid=1&form_format=3&Width=1270
· Form DS4081: https://eforms.state.gov/editdocument.aspx?documentid=55&from=2&categoryid=1&form_format=3&Width=1270
· Scanned copies (preferably in PDF format) of the following items:
– Your most recent U.S. passport and, if you have ever been issued one, your Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Certificate of U.S. Citizenship, or Certificate of U.S. Naturalization.
– Your U.S. birth certificate as evidence of U.S. citizenship, if you do not have one of the citizenship documents listed above.
– Valid Canadian passport. If you do not have a valid Canadian passport please bring original evidence of your other (non-U.S.) citizenship.
– Evidence of name changes, if applicable (usually marriage certificates or official name change document).
· Return the completed forms and scanned documents listed above with a request for an appointment at a U.S. Consulate to CanadaCLNAppointments@state.gov<mailto:CanadaCLNAppointments@state.gov> . In your request, please include this text: “I have read the information provided and have filled out all your required forms and gathered all required supporting documentation”. Indicate where you would like to have your interview by cutting and pasting one of the following into the email Subject line:
Request For LON Appointment: CALGARY
(you can chose other cities or)
Request For LON Appointment: Next Available Appointment Anywhere In Canada
You will be contacted to confirm an appointment date and time.
· USD$2,350 (or Canadian dollar equivalent…..
CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:
To the extent that this message contains advice regarding tax matters, it is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purposes of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions. This disclaimer is provided pursuant to U.S. Treasury Regulations governing tax practice.